GOD BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN US
Key Verse: 1:6
1. How does Paul identify the senders and receivers of this letter? (1) What was his greeting? (2) How did the church in Philippi begin? (Ac 16:6-15) How would you describe the relationship between Paul and the Philippian believers?
2. What did Paul do when he remembered the Philippians? (3-4) How was Paul encouraged by their partnership in the gospel? (5) In light of this, how can we encourage each other?
3. Read verse 6. What confidence inspired Paul to thank God and pray with joy? What was the source of his confidence? (2 Ti 2:13) Why is it so important to have this confidence in the midst of hardship?
4. How did Paul feel about the Philippians? (7-8) On what basis did he feel this way? What do we learn here about how to share in God’s grace?
5. How did Paul pray for the Philippians to grow in their love? (9) What would spiritual discernment enable them to do, and what is the result? (10) How can we bear the fruit of righteousness? (11) Why do we need this in our Christian life?
6. How might most Christians have initially responded to Paul’s imprisonment and what might they have thought about gospel work? (12,14,28) What did Paul want them to know? (12) How did God use Paul’s imprisonment to advance the gospel? (13-14) What do you think Paul did in his desperate situation? (14b)